You can now get hitched for as long the criteria are met by them based on the Danish Act regarding the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
Whether you’re engaged and getting married in Copenhagen, some other place in Denmark or abroad, you need to fill in and possess an application authorized.
The first you are able to use is four months ahead of the date you want to get hitched.
You must apply for a so-called „prшvelsesattest“ if you are to get married in a different city than your city of residence, or in a church or other religious community,. You must apply for an „жgteskabsattest“ if you are to get married abroad.
The program form may be the regardless that is same of document you submit an application for, or you are receiving hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law plus the Aliens Act has brought impact on the 1 st of January 2019. You can find out more relating to this therefore the application procedure under „Application details“ below.
right Here you are able to find out about the likelihood of a available atmosphere wedding into the City of Copenhagen.
Right right right Here you are able to find out about the chance of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at time and put you decide.
Find out more in regards to the needs
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has had influence on the very first of 2019 january.
The alteration implies that some applications for wedding will undoubtedly be prepared with a main nationwide product run by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must deliver their applications towards the main unit that is national couples where one or both events:
- aren’t Danish or citizens that are nordic
- would not have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- have never acquired a permanent residence appropriate for Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
The town meet asian girls of Copenhagen it’s still wedding that is performing.
You must deliver the job to your municipality in Denmark where you stand registered (bopжlskommune) if you both meet the criteria that are following
- You may be Danish or citizens that are nordic
- You’ve got a permanent residence license for Denmark
- You have got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark relating to EU-Law.
You can easily find out more about it on the internet site of this continuing State management by simply clicking this link.
You are able to read more under „Documentation Requirements“ below.
You must fill in and send the notice of marriage form digitally if you are both registered as residents in Denmark, and have NemID.
Crucial: study “ the best place to Apply“ above, before giving the job.
Utilizing the application you have to deliver the after documents:
- Scan of the passport or nationwide ID card if you should be perhaps maybe not a Danish citizen created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of directly to permanent residency in Denmark based on the EU-rules, if you should be maybe maybe not just a Danish or citizen that is nordic
- If you have resided an additional nation than Denmark within the last few years, we would require a certificate of marital status from your own past nations of residence
In cases where a document is given an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is maybe perhaps perhaps not given with a country that is nordic it should be submitted in 2 variations: the initial, and an interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation needs to be done with a translator that is certified.
You must submit the following if you are a citizen in a Nordic country
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are granted by Skatteverket, and needs to be no avove the age of four months whenever they are sent by you to us.
- Scan associated with image web web page of one’s legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is given by Folkeregisteret, and must certanly be no avove the age of four months whenever you send out it to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan associated with the image web page of one’s legitimate passport
The prшvelsesattest needs to be no avove the age of four months whenever you send out it to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Scan of this photo web web page of the valid passport
Please Be Aware
- Marriage ceremonies can be carried out in English, German or Danish
- We can’t guarantee you initially wish for, so please do not book travelling tickets until your wedding date has been confirmed by the Wedding Office that you will get married on the day
- Copenhagen City Hall will give you two witnesses you are welcome to create your own personal. There is no need to see us relating to this until instantly ahead of the wedding service
- Exact exact exact Same intercourse marriages is probably not recognised far away
- You can find information here if you need to have your marriage certificate legalised
- You can easily just improve your title if you should be registered as a resident in Denmark
- You can register your marriage in Denmark if you have been married abroad. You need to contact Folkeregisteret (the general public registration office) and suggest to them your wedding certification. You are able to read more in order to find email address for Folkeregisteret right here (in Danish).
The marriage Office are contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
You can write a secure mail via this link if you have NemID.
Opening hours for individual attendance
To Friday from 9am to 4pm monday
Phone hours for general concerns
To Friday from 8am to 5pm monday
Telephone number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex questions, including getting a right time for the wedding service
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon